Tuesday 8 May 2012

Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub

The Breakfast Scrub from Soap & Glory can only be described as amazing. I've used a small amount of Soap & Glory products and recently decided to browse the shelves of Myers to see what other goodies this gorgeous company has.


The packaging is consistent throughout the entire Soap & Glory range, and features it's pretty pastel pink and old-school design. The container is clear, so at a quick glance you can see how much (or how little) of the product you have left.


Soap & Glory describes this scrub as an Oat, Shea Butter & Sugar body smoother with organic Cupuacu Bio Scrubs, Banana, Almond and Honey extracts - sounds delicious, doesn't it?

Oatmeal contains plenty of amino acids which are known for their anti-inflammatory properties and are often used in skin care for moisturising, exfoliating and healing purposes.

Shea Butter helps to promote cell regeneration and circulation. It helps to reduce fine lines, scars, stretch marks and soothe skin irritations.

Organic Cupuacu bio scrubs help remove dead skin cells and promote cell regeneration.

Banana, Almond and Honey aren't only beneficial for our health (and yummy breakfast foods!) but they also have a wide variety of skin benefits such as anti-inflammatory, soothing and moisturising properties.

The scent of this product is absolutely amazing, and now amounts of words can describe the yumminess - but I will try my best. Imagine a world of pancakes and maple syrup. Take that imaginary world, roll it up, crush it into a scrub and bottle it. It's seriously THAT amazing. It will take lots of strength to not actually eat this for breakfast.

With it's lid off, the scrub actually resembles a cereal or porridge bowl. Nom nom nom!


You'll notice in the photo above that my scrub appears quite wet and runny. This is not how the scrub comes and this is just because I have it sitting in the bottom of my shower and for some reason I find it impossible to use products without getting large amounts of water into the containers.

The scrub in actual fact is quite thick and not runny at all, so it is easily scooped out onto the fingers and allows for good rubbing onto your desired areas. It's quite grainy, but not overly abrasive - but if you have sensitive skin just make sure you rub it onto the skin a bit softer than usual (just in case!). 


It rinses off without any residue and leaves my skin feeling so soft and moisturised.
It's not a scrub that I use on a daily basis. I actually prefer to have this scrub sitting on the side of my bathtub and I tend to use it more there than in the shower. It's perfect for cold, winter nights as the scent is just so warming and sweet. 

A tub of The Breakfast Scrub is a little expensive at $29.95, but if you're like me - after you smell it you won't be able to resist buying it. I actually picked it up and put it down several times before I finally told myself "just do it!" and I haven't regretted it since. 

It works amazing, it's packed full of goodies and it's simply delicious. A good scrub to invest in! It's also going to last you quite awhile.

I picked mine up from the Soap & Glory section in Myers. 
You can also check it out online at Kit Cosmetics by clicking here.

What's your fave Soap & Glory product?

No comments:

Post a Comment