Sunday 10 June 2012

Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss


You've probably all heard the hype about the cosmetic brand Essence by now.
I remember when I first spotted the Essence stand in Target. It was bright and inviting and full of new and exciting looking products. But the suspiciously affordable price tag put me off. Why were they so cheap? Does that mean the quality is going to be no good?

But recently the beauty community has been buzzing about the brand and although it seems to be a bit of a hit and miss with some of the products, I decided to take the plunge and try out a few things. Being so affordable, if I happened to not like the products - it's only about $5 that I've lost anyway. 

Recently I've been trying out one of the Essence XXXL Shine Lipglosses in the shade 04 - Rising Star


It's a beautiful baby pink colour with tons of shimmery glitter shoved in. 
It's so pretty and girlie!


I'm not much of a lip gloss fan or wearer, mainly because I can't handle the feeling of having so much stickiness on my lips. 
But I found this lip gloss to be okay, and I've been wearing it for the last few days.

I like that there isn't a taste to the product. I'm hopeless with flavoured lip products because I spend half the time licking it OFF my lips rather than keeping it on. 
It has a slight scent to it, I would almost describe it as a strawberry type smell.




You can view the Essence website by clicking here

2 comments:

  1. This looks really pretty! I love essence products, but haven't tried out this range of lip glosses yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Essence products and just bought more today...but I still haven't tried the lipglosses, on a self imposed ban till I use up some older ones! Great review!

    ReplyDelete