Wednesday 15 August 2012

My current mascara love

I'm usually in a strict relationship with my Maybelline Falsies mascara. It's a love/hate relationship - some days it gives me great lashes, other days it clumps them together so badly they end up looking like one giant lash in the middle of my eye-lid

Recently I took the plunge and purchased the False Lash Effect Mascara from Max Factor. I'll admit that the only reason I decided to try it out was because it was in the reduced bucket in Priceline. Who can resist a bargain in that store? 

It's bold pink packaging lured me in and I walked out feeling anxious about my new purchase. Would this new product live up to my expectations? The answer is simply, yes. And it's now taken over my Maybelline Falsies and will easily become my newest re-purchasable mascara. Hooray! 

The first thing I noticed about this mascara was it's size. It's a big product and it's size can be a little daunting at first. Images of panda eyes and mascara smeared eye-lids will go through your mind just as you're about to apply this to your lashes. But you'll soon be amazed at how easy it is to apply and the results it gives are just so stunning. That being said, I probably wouldn't go for this mascara if you have quite short lashes because the size of the brush could make a bit of a mess around your eyes, trying to get it close to your lashes. 

The brush is rubber and the bristles that surround it are very small and they get smaller and smaller towards the tip of the brush. The little bristles do an amazing job of coating every lash and adds great length with ZERO clumping. If you're after a new mascara, I highly recommend giving this one a go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment