Friday 23 September 2011

My current mascara loves


Hi beauties!

Apologies for the lack of posting recently. I've just started a new job, and I am still working out my work routine. But don't fear, I'm doing my best to keep posting and I have a line up of great products to show you all.

Today I am going to introduce you to my current mascara loves.
I have three to show you today, as I love to layer my mascara.


The first mascara I apply is Rimmel Extra Wow Lash mascara in black.


I really like this mascara. During my morning 'eye makeup routine' this is the first mascara that I apply. The mascara is described as the following:

Oversized volume building brush easily creates soft to dramatic looks.

The brush is quite large on this mascara, which helps build up the volume on your lashes and add a nice length.  I didn't notice any clumping or dryness when after the application, which I think is really important with choosing a mascara.


It's a really buildable mascara, so you can have that natural look or keep adding to get a really nice dramatic lash.
The brush can hold quite a bit of product - so if you find that it is clumping, wipe a tissue over the brush. This will remove some of the product and may help you get a cleaner application.


The next mascara I am using is the Rimmel Sexy Curves Full Figure mascara in Black.

You can check it out online here.


This mascara has a really unique triple plump brush, which helps with volume and curl.

I like this mascara because of the nice curl it gives to my lashes when applied.

The formula is designed to give you up to 70% more curl and add volume and lift to your lashes.

Again, I didn't notice any clumping with this mascara. But be careful because this brush can also pick up quite a bit of product.


You can check it out online here.

My final mascara is the Rimmel Telescopic Clean Definition mascara.


This is the last mascara in the line to go onto my lashes.

However, this one is only used on the outer corners of my lashes to lengthen the end lashes.

I find this helps open up my lashes, but also gives my eyes a nice shape.


The brush with this mascara is very thin and long, which helps to reach those hard to reach lashes. The style of the brush and the formula really helps to add length to your lashes.



Want amazing looking lashes? Here are a few tips!

Wiggle your mascara wand left to right at the base of your lashes. It's actually the mascara placed near the roots and not on the tips that gives the illusion of length.

Pull the wand up and through lashes, wiggling as you go. This wiggling motion is a good secret because it separates the lashes as you go.

To help stop clumping and blobbing, wipe any excess product off the wand before you start.

Using an eyelash curler can help give the illusion of bigger eyes.

If you are layering your mascara, make sure you continue to do so whilst the coats are still wet. Applying mascara over other mascara that has already dried will increase your chance of clumping.

You have probably heard this before, but avoid pumping your brush in and out of the tube. This will push air into the tube and it will dry the product out quicker.

To get an easier application, bend your wand at a right angle. This will help you reach your lashes easier, and will ensure that you can have a better view when applying it to your eyes.


These mascaras are available at a range of places such as Priceline, Target, Kmart, Big W, Coles and other various supermarkets and chemists/pharmacies.

What's your best mascara tip?
Comment below!
xo

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new job!

    I always apply one coat of mascara to achieve naturally fluttery eye lashes using Chanel Inimitable mascara. It's my fave mascara so far!

    ReplyDelete